I was looped in to this by Beth Holland of EdTechTeacher. I first "met" Beth over a year ago when I was chosen as a presenter for the EdTechTeacher iPad Summit 2013 in Atlanta. I didn't have the opportunity to actually meet her in person until NYSCATE this year in Rochester. I have long been a fan of both Beth's blogging/tweeting and that of her organization, EdTechTeacher. I was quite humbled when she included me in her "I've been Sunshined" blog post.
So, thank you, Beth, and my apologies for taking so long to get my own post up...
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about myself
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated (you cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you)
Thanks again, Beth Holland!
11 Random facts about myself
- I was once in a car accident so bad I had to be extricated from the vehicle. Nothing puts a situation into perspective like hearing a fireman say "better get the jaws of life" - My Honda Civic was totaled but I walked out of the hospital a few hours later. Aside from a few months of physical therapy for a wrenched back I was unscathed. Bought another Honda Civic as soon as I could.
- I started snowboarding in 1988. First board I rode? A Burton Cruiser rental. First board I owned? A 1991 Burton Free 5. Ahhh, youth...
- I'm a New York Jets fan. Yes, I freely admit it. Been a fan since I was 5. Long suffering. Personified...
- I'm watching a Microsoft Surface commercial as I write this. This is a random fact list, isn't it?
- Speaking of technology, I used my first Mac in elementary school. An Apple IIe in 1983. New York City was Mac-centric back then too.
- I wasn't always a Mac guy. I worked for Ziff Davis, at PCWeek/eWeek, doing streaming media and distance learning/webinars on PCs from 1997-2002.
- The first 14 years of my life I lived on the same street where my mother grew up. My grandmother lived on that same block for over 50 years.
- I'm horrible when it comes to talking about myself (hence the second superferlous item this early in the list).
- I'm public school educated in Brooklyn, NY until grade 8. Moved to Denver, Colorado for high school and went to Regis Jesuit High School. Regis is probably the best thing that ever happened to me -- as a student, person, man, and now educator.
- In high school all I really wanted was to meet Glen Plake and work for Warren Miller. Met Glen Plake, never got paid to ski or ride.
- I've worked in rock radio, rode the dotcom wave, ride a Vespa to work, and teach in an amazing time at an amazing place. I may not be the starting linebacker for the Jets or make a living skiing Banff, but I have to say I think I'm exactly where I am supposed to be, doing exactly what I never knew I wanted to do...