This is cross-posted from http://ps10tech.blogspot.com/
In the previous post, Twitter @10, I wrote about Twitter as a platform and offered a solution for following Twitter users without actually have a Twitter account, or even a smartphone.
The previous post also listed all the teachers with Twitter accounts at PS 10.
This post is more geared toward people with a Twitter account looking to get a more streamlined PS 10 experience out of the Twitter platform...
... PS 10 has a school-wide Twitter account, @PS10Brooklyn, which we use to publicize general news and events related to the school. We also use @PS10Brooklyn to share & promote the great things teachers are doing in their classrooms.
With so many teachers using Twitter, and so many great things being published, it can be a bit daunting to follow all the teachers or hope @PS10Brooklyn will promote all teacher posts (it wont, it can't, just not enough time in the day).
To make the filtering of PS10-related tweets easier we have created hashtags for the school. Hashtags are basically searchable/filterable terms to simplify finding things.
The PS 10 hashtags are:
- #ps10bk - this references general happenings within the building
- #ps10st - this references a student doing the tweeting. Tweets with this hashtags are written, with supervision, by students from the teacher account. 2 examples of this are:
- @MsGlemboki - she also uses #2310st to further filter class 2-310 specific student tweeters
- @PS10Tech - the Twitter account for the Lab, 99% of tweets are student writen
- #ps10sw - this references student work, or students working. This hashtag will showcase student work products and student efforts throughout the building
You can also follow these hashtags in a very visual format from a browser, without a Twitter account, by visiting our TagBoards:
Hopefully these options will help make the PS 10 Twitter experience more enjoyable for all members of the PS 10 community, not just the twitter-ers among us...
Post a Comment